Monday, January 20, 2014

About this Blog

To anyone who happens to stumble upon this "blog",

I accepted Christ over twenty years ago when I was a boy in junior high school.  I have lived a life committed to God and serving Him ever since.  Though I would never claim to have lived a "perfect" life, my outward actions were in general a sincere reflection to my inward commitment to know/follow/serve/love Christ with my whole being.  I have led Bible Studies, delivered sermons, gone on mission trips, led others to Christ etc.

I now teach at a private evangelical christian high school.  For many years I have been completely surrounded by evangelical Christians; my spouse, my professional colleagues, my friends, my children's friends, my in-laws, my boss, my students, I even have a Christian dentist, Christian doctor, and a Christian accountant.

This blog is my attempt to "talk through" my thoughts and feelings as my spiritual journey is taking me farther and farther away from my evangelical Christianity.  Unfortunately, my employment depends upon my personal beliefs, and I can lose my job for thinking the "wrong" thoughts.  Frankly this frightens me because I like my job.  A lot.  Therefore if I want to honestly talk things over with someone, or if I want to have a sounding board for my ideas, my options are severely limited.  Hence the creation of this blog, and the necessity of my continued anonymity.

I am not a trained/skilled/interesting/witty writer.  I don't teach English literature or grammar, nor am I a trained theologian.  I am simply a committed follower of Christ on a journey that is taking queer and marvelous turns.  In all probability you will disagree with some if not most of what I write.  If you choose to read further about the only thing I can promise you is my honesty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment